Monday, March 31, 2008

just in time for April Fool's

I like random street art and this one is really creative. I saw it via the Wooster Collective. It's called the 'air bear' and was made by a NYC street artist named Joshua Allen Harris.

The link also has video so you can see the bear in action. When the wind comes up from the subway grates the bear inflates, which could be a metaphor for traveling 'green' and keeping the polar bears alive by saving energy. That's my art historian view, or you can take it at face value as an interesting outdoor instillation.

Now wouldn't that be a great April fool's day surprise? I'd love to see people's reactions.

1 comment:

JoernandAllison said...

And Flocke says "Knut was yesterday" Ha! I like your opinion of the meaning of the street art. Germans have really adopted polar bears as green diplomats!