Sunday, January 13, 2008

Surprises

Stefan and I went to customs yesterday to pick up our package, sent courtesy of my parents. It was a replacement of the beautiful fruit basket that broke in our Christmas package. I was worried we were going to have to explain a lot. We had shredded the address labels, so we no longer had those as proof of the first shipment. My Dad came to the rescue and sent us copies. Now we have a set of three lovely baskets and they are beautifying our apartment. Thanks Mom + Dad!

Brock + Manuel were coming over for dinner, so Stefan requested that I make lettuce wraps, similar to those at the restaurant PF Chang's. (I promise the chicken mix is more appetizing than it looks).





While preparing food, my parents called with another surprise. I was excited to learn that they'd be coming back with me for a visit in March. We'll have nearly 6 weeks together! It makes me so happy to have guests on the agenda for 2008. And hopefully Lauren + Mary Beth will be making it for Oktoberfest.

I'm already thinking of all of the great places that I can't wait to take them... my favorite hot spots in Munich, on a tour of Salzburg - who knows what else is in the cards, but I am sure it will be great.

No comments: