Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last day of language school

I'm always a bit of a sucker for the last day of something. Language school is hard to say goodbye to because I really enjoy the class and my classmates as well as the consistency and familiar faces. It's also nice to know I'm not doing so bad after scoring a 96% on my final. It helps me feel purposeful. The first part of class was life as usual and the second part we had a bit of a party.

Some people made cakes, while others brought food and drinks. There was plenty of food to go around and we all enjoyed chatting about our weekend plans and home lands.

Catheriné brought some of her French cheese, which was divine. It makes me want to pack my bags for another trip to France. Her parents had just visited and she was kind enough to bring that to share. Not only that, she knew how much I loved it and sent some home with me. I brought in brownies per her request and I was surprised when people wanted to take the left overs home, which was fine by me! We will stay in touch, which is nice.

We gave our teacher a bouquet of roses and some chocolates as a thank you. Classes start again on Monday and I am debating if I should try to work and go to class. The downside is that the class is getting divided up to compensate for different learning paces so we won't all stay together anyway. I'm happy to have met some wonderful people that helped make class even more rewarding.

1 comment:

JoernandAllison said...

Congratulations to you for completing another course! It is kind of strange when the courses end, because the groups divide so greatly.
Looks like a nice group there. I love when people actually bring in things from their home country, or at least make something from their home. You really learn a lot more than language from these courses!