Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fondue for two

After a bit of a rough week we decided to enjoy the Switzerland vs. Turkey soccer game in traditional Swiss style - with a fondue. Raspberries always make me a bit nostalgic since we always had them growing in our backyard while I was growing up. For me it's a nice healthy comfort food... especially when paired with chocolate.

Every time we get our fondue pot out I think we should have it more often, with cheese or chocolate, since it's rather effortless and never disappointing.

Something else that never disappoints is watching field sports during rain, like the game tonight. The slipping and sliding makes everything less predictable and a bit comical.

I'm hoping to pick strawberries this weekend at one of the near by fields. It looks like we'll have plenty of fresh fruit for another fondue on Sunday when Switzerland plays again.

2 comments:

Lane said...

Mmmmmmm! Sounds like a lovely night in after a rather stressful week. I hope that it helped you unwind. Chocolate for her, soccer for him, you can't lose!

Hugs!

JoernandAllison said...

Glad to hear that you found a great way to unwind. I promise to resend you that message that got all messed up later.
Fondue is one of my favorites! And the berries are so delicious right now :)

The game was totally enjoyable last night. That wasn't just a little rain! You deserve the good laugh too :)