Thursday, April 3, 2008

thanks mom!

I was talking to my mom about the M. Sasek 'This is Munich' book, and wondering when the reproduction would come out (my guess is this year or next year).

Leave it to the infinite powers that only mother's have... she found a vintage copy for me.

To top it off it isn't an old library copy with tons of markings, it didn't cost an arm and a leg, and it's bilingual with English and German.

I am already excited to look at the beautiful illustrations and to see what kinds of things around town Sasek thought were worthy of documenting.

6 comments:

andrea said...

Moms are the best!

Anonymous said...

Yo Em, leave it to your mom to find the diamonds in the rough. She always knows...just like for Christmas, she has got me both Joe Sorren books. She spoils me too...she's special to us, and we are definitely lucky!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
Thanks for the post. Do you have any idea where you can buy one of these books? We spent the past three years in Paris, and absolutely loved "This is Paris." It was one of our daughter's (and our) favorite bed time stories.

Emily said...

Hi Troy!

Check alibris.co.uk or abebooks.com- if you search sasek and Munich it will come up.

It is the vintage version, so they are a bit more expensive, but it's descriptive with the condition so you should be able to find a decent copy.

best of luck!

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky! We have Paris and Rome for Milo, but I really want them all!

Caitlin said...

I fell in love with these books. I saw the London one at the Tate Modern museum last week and really debated whether or not to buy it. I think I probably should!