Friday, December 14, 2007

Croatia

Lately I keep seeing things about Croatia... they were just in Dubrovnik on the Amazing Race, and then I stumbled upon an insane photo of these many tiny waterfalls spilling over mossy rocks. Unfortunately the more I travel the more I want to continue seeing the beauty in the world.



I am also interested in traveling to:
Croatia > North Dalmatia > Skradin > Krka (Cherca) Nacionalni Park,
as well as The Plitvice Lakes National Park, which is halfway between capital city Zagreb and Zadar on the coast.

To get there...
The closest airport to Plitvice Lakes is at Zagreb which is about 140km away.

It takes about 2.5 hours by bus from Zagreb to get to Plitivice Lakes and 4 hours from Split. However, I want to fly into the touristy Dubrovnik, so we'll see what happens.

Approximately 30 buses pass to/from Zagreb/South Croatia daily.


photo: Jack Brauer

No comments: