Our upcoming trips are right around the corner - just two weeks away. I'm still overwhelmed by all of the possibility and natural beauty, but I am trying to roughly figure out places we'd visit.
I just learned that Iceland is 40,000 square miles, or roughly the size of Ohio.
Some of the things on my list to do are :
- Reykjavik - the capitol city
- Þingvellir National Park - where you can see Earth's plates separating
- Geysir and Gullfoss - a geyser and a waterfall
- The Blue Lagoon - we are staying a couple days at the Blue Lagoon Clinic, which has it's own private lagoon as well.
- Reynisbrekka (Vík) - a pluvious area with black sand beaches.
- Jökulsárlón - also looks beautiful with ice floes and icy blue waters
On a far shot I wish we had time to get to the Westman Islands and see the Puffins. How sweet is it that the children of the village help the misguided Puffins? I would surely stay up late to help as well.
As for Greenland, there isn't a lot of tourist information regarding the small villages we will be visiting (Kulusuk and Tasiilaq). I'm looking forward to a relaxing visit, hopefully with a little bit of snow - we'll definitely be open to surprises there.
I already wish that we were staying longer!
Those of you that have been to Iceland or Greenland what did you enjoy the most? I'd love additional recommendations.
Thanks so much!
(Kulusuk village photo: courtesy of Wili_hybrid)