Sunday, October 12, 2008

Allianz Arena VIP Tour

Stefan collected on his anniversary surprise today. We went to the arena for their 'VIP tour' and there were several differences from the tour I went on in August.

The only unfortunate aspect is that the Bayern München team is getting a new more neutral toned locker room and therefore that area was closed.

Some of the differences were that we went to more exclusive areas of the arena and were allowed onto to the field. We also used elevators rather than steps. I guess VIPs can't even be bothered to walk. This tour also ended with a glass of prosecco in the restaurant.

It caught Stefan off guard, but our tour guide asked him to sit at the press table and then proceeded to conduct an interview as if Stefan was Jürgen Klinsmann. I was sitting in the audience and the woman next to me, who knew he was my husband, said 'he's really good at this!' It was funny, but I realize he is a really good public speaker.

We both had a great time and I was excited to be able to watch him visit the field of his favorite soccer team. I could tell he would have put some cleats on and started to play if given the option.

4 comments:

Nan said...

That is too cool! We drove by the arena for the first time last Sunday, and I think Luke was dying to go in. Hopefully we can make it to a game before we leave.

JoernandAllison said...

That is so cool! Stefan must really have enjoyed himself. I know Jörn, and this would definately be one of his dreams (only in Stuttgart of course,) so this must have been amazing for Stefan.
I love (sometimes,) how men are really such little kids at heart :)

Emily said...

nan...
That would be great if you made it to a game. They have tours (except on game days) daily at 1:30pm in English. Even if you don't go to a Bayern game they are great fun!

allison...
I think kid at heart sums Stefan up quite well. It's definitely fun to see how he'd light up at each new thing.

N said...

Looks like it was a great tour. I really like the design of the stadium along with the colourful lights.