Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

I cannot believe how fast halloween has crept up. Unfortunately I didn't even get a pumpkin to carve until today. Stefan loves carving pumpkins and I love seeing his inner child get so enthusiastic about it. He didn't carve a pumpkin until he was in college, since it's not a widely celebrated holiday in Germany.

Since I love doing little theme nights I made some finger cookies to enjoy and surprise Stefan with. I had 5 trick-or-treaters, but I was still baking the cookies so I was unable to surprise them. I did however have candies from American for them, which they definitely didn't expect. Their costumes weren't as theatrical as they are in America, but they wore face paints, wigs, and tattered clothes. I was happy just to see some Halloween spirit.

I put several movies out for Stefan to decide that we would watch when he came home. It was Charlie Brown's great pumpkin and Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas to enjoy as we ate fresh pasta.

We also had carmel apple dip and plenty of candy with our finger cookies. I only wish we had more trick-or-treaters!

4 comments:

Nan said...

Those cookies are too cool!

Caitlin said...

Those cookies are great! You're so creative.

Scott carved a pumpkin last night - it had the same face as the year before and the year before that.

N said...

Spooky cookies:p

Emily said...

nan...
I'm glad you like them! I'll be sending you the recipe as soon as I can.

caitlin...
Thanks! I love that Scott does the same pumpkin, but at least he keeps some of the spirit going for you!

bluefish...
The cookies turned out a bit more life like than I expected, but they were so fun.