Friday, October 10, 2008

Autumn

I really can't get enough of the leaves. I was walking into town and noticed how stunning the various shades are. Each year I desperately try to cling to these couple weeks when everything is turning. It is one of my favorite times of the year.

I remember in high school a teacher of mine was talking about the seasons and how they correspond to stages of life and different colors in races of people. It is still pretty amazing for me to think about.

Following that logic I am probably in the early summer of life. I can only hope that the autumn of life for me will be as beautiful as nature portrays it. Until then I have a lot to learn and a lot of adventures ahead of me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like all those colors from green to red and the sound of leaves in the ground when I walk on them !

Emily said...

catherine...
It's so nice isn't it? I hope that it stays around for a while.