Sunday, July 19, 2009

gelato

This month is national ice cream month in the US and the third Sunday is national ice cream day (today).

I think my search for the best sorbet/gelato in Munich may be coming to a close. A while back I stopped at Lorenzo Corno's on Hohenzollernstraße (right near Fredriechstraße) in Schwabing. I was excited to see lemon basil sorbet and then, between his 'pregos' and 'grazies', the sweet little Italian man asked if I would like to try something else.

After I declined he decided to give me a sample of the red fruit. Isn't that charming? Unfortunately I can only share it through my quintessential photo. I've since also had the dark chocolate, which is extremely rich and equally as delicious. I kind of can't stop thinking about it (isn't the 'cone' dish wonderful too?).

My love for ice cream is well noted (just click here to read more about that), so I was also extremely excited after purchasing an ice cream maker.

Sadly, and I am really a bit embarrassed to admit this, but my adorable red refrigerator finally has a fault. I knew full and well that you have to freeze the interior, however I didn't consider the fact my freezer space isn't that big and that it wouldn't fit.

It's a good thing after all that I can pay Lorenzo's a few visits now and then.

3 comments:

Melaina25 said...

We were freezer-less for over 6 months after ours broke and it drove me nuts!

If you ever make it to Glasgow you'll have to come to my neck of the woods and try Irn-Bru sorbet, soooo good!

Silvia said...

I so agree with you! Lorenzo's ice cream is very special :-)

Emily said...

Melaina...
I am definitely bummed about the freezer space. It hasn't been an issue up until that didn't fit. We'd definitely love to make it up your way. Thanks for the recommendation!

Silvia...
I'm glad I'm not alone! It's such an easy to miss spot, especially among the sea of other gelato and ice cream shops, but now I crave it daily.