Sunday, May 1, 2011

Frühlingsfest in Munich

The Frühlingsfest isn't as popular as Oktoberfest. With only 2 beer tents it's a much smaller scale, but it's still a lot of fun.

We visited with our friends Emily and Jeremy, who sadly are moving back to San Francisco soon. They will be greatly missed! It's still nice to pack in a bit more Bavarian fun before they say goodbye to Munich.

If you head to the Hippodrom, I highly recommend the spätzle with pears on it, but it's definitely enough to share.

The fest runs until May 15th.

6 comments:

Lane said...

Spatzle with pears?! I'm dying over here! Missing you, hope we get together soon!

Emily said...

I wish I could send some your way - it was fantastic.

I'm still holding out hope that next season brings you a bit closer this way!

JoernandAllison said...

Wow, I am really impressed with the Spaetzle and pears, sounds delicious!
We haven't gotten over to our Frühlingsfest this year, but I am hoping we do. It sounds like Stuttgart's is much larger than Munich's. But, I guess then again, there is a lot more reasons to put your resources into Oktoberfest. The fests are so fun though. And it seems like a very fitting way to help your friends fit in some more Munich memories before heading back to the States.

Emily said...

Allison...
You'll have to stop by and take some photos - as if you don't have enough going on! The spätzle with pears was delicious. I never would have thought of that combination.

Carlos said...

Hi Emily,
We just got back from Munich last week (back to TX). We tried Milagros restaurant, and it was great! The food was very tasty and fresh. The salsa you get with the chips was excellent. Thanks for the tip. We also made it to the Fruhlingsfest, as well as the festival in Marienplatz on May 1st. All in all another great trip! Enjoy reading your blog, keep up the good work. Carlos

Emily said...

I'm glad that I could help, Carlos!