Friday, August 14, 2009

handwritten letters

I saw this window at the Schreibwaren-Fachgeschäft Schreibmayr window, in Fünf Höfe, here in Munich. I love the nostalgic feeling with the beautiful handwriting and postmarks. This would be a perfect way to decorate for an anniversary party.

I'm definitely storing the idea away, especially because Stefan and I have boxes and boxes of letters from each other from our 2 years of long distance.

It reminds me of this image, from the now defunct Blueprint Magazine by Martha Stewart. It's a great way to display a special letter.

I've combed through some of the letters at the flea markets - such as the Auer / Jakobi Dults, but I think it's probably better if there's more personal meaning to it.

Maybe I'll get my hands on one from a grandparent or Stefan's Oma who was once quite the world traveler herself.

5 comments:

Jessica {lovely jubbly london} said...

Love the blown up envelope from Blueprint. I think that would look fab if you have something with special meaning!

Loddelina said...

Sniff, those long distance letters, I know them myself. They still beat e-mails any day...

Living together does have its advantages, but I miss those letters!

Emily said...

Jessica...
I am going to have to hut for something meaningful, but I am sure I'll be able to come up with something!

Loddelina...
I totally agree. I still sneak little notes into Stefan's suits and luggage when he's leaving. Those little love letters are absolutely precious.

iva yaneva said...

I love letters so much! It is so much better than getting an email, don't you think? :)

Emily said...

iva...
I completely agree! I still try to write as many as I can to brighten people's days. There's nothing like great handwriting and stationery!