This weekend our friends invited us to Northern Germany and we decided to spend a few days in Hamburg.
Plenty of people have told us what an amazing city this is, but seeing is believing and now all I can say is that I'm one of those people that says - 'give Hamburg a visit, you'll love it!'
I'll write more once we get home later this week (in addition to plenty of photos), but there are so many charming details here, including:
- an enormous ship yard filled with loads of boats
- a sprawling and diverse city with canals virtually everywhere
- tons of adorable little shops
- amazingly delicious and inexpensive restaurants
- Speicherstadt + Hafencity - my favorite up and coming areas. All I can say is once this is completed it's going to be even more amazing, which is hard to believe. I even kind of wish I could move there.