Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cooking with Beer

Since beer is plentiful and wonderful here in Munich, I often try to find new ways to cook with it. In this recipe I decided to combine it with another love of mine - cheese.


(click the image to enlarge recipe)

While fondue isn't typically thought of as a summer dish, this is not incredibly heavy and does not need to be served super hot. If it becomes too thick, simply add a bit more beer while on the stove.

I also used an herbed salt for a bit more flavor, but it's an easily adaptable recipe and leftovers can be eaten cold the next day.

If you live in Germany, I highly recommend it with the Provence style potato wedges in the freezer section - they are excellent.


3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I love the beer and cheese combination. You always do such a great job with the adorable fonts and graphics!

Carrie said...

I'm definitely going to try this out! My husband and I were just in Munich for the first time, and we just fell in love with the city. And the beer!

Emily said...

Caitlin...
I think you'll like it! I definitely love typography and it gives me an excuse to play with my new camera. How are you enjoying the Oktoberfest hits on your way to work? I am sure you are thinking what the heck are these people saying as they rap in German.

Carrie...
I'm so glad that you loved this place. I have to admit it grows on me. The biergartens are one of the things I would desperately miss if we moved away.