Thursday, February 14, 2008

One sweet Valentine

I'm easy to impress and a simple card is plenty for me. Leave it to Stefan to be full of surprises. He sent some beautiful flowers, despite the fact he's an ocean away. I really lucked out having such a thoughtful and romantic husband. Last year he made me a great breakfast, complete with chocolate and a very sweet card. He always keeps me on my toes and finds inventive ways to keep life unpredictable and exciting.

I cannot wait to pick him up at the airport - just over 24 hours. Times like these remind me of the months that we were apart while we were dating and how great it is to see each other again. Even if it's only been a few days, I never get used to it. We have a love hate relationship with airports, where we have shed many tears over the years... both for joy and out of sadness. Thankfully months apart are a thing of the past and now we just sit in wonder and amazement of all we've been through as well as all of the happiness ahead.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

We have the same feelings about airports. I used to cry and cry and cry outside the security gates and now it's so weird (and wonderful) to be able to go through security together!

Hope you're having fun!

JoernandAllison said...

I am glad that you're keeping up with your blog from home. I didn't get to stop by the Nest and wish you a safe and fun time at home, so I'm doing that now.
That was so sweet of Stefan to surprise you on Valentine's Day. Now that you're together, it must be much more enjoyable to be at home.
And yes, it is amazing to have such feelings about airports, I know exactly what you mean!