Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ice Cream Making

Lately I can't stop thinking about gelato/icecream/sorbet. It's partly because summer with no air conditioning makes cool treats a necessity and partly because I was able to go home to Ohio for a visit and some of the requisite Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.

My best friend Ryan and his pup Rufus joined us making our visit that much more sweet.

Since I can't get Jeni's shipped over here I'm very fortunate that she has a new cookbook so I can recreate her creations at home!

Our beautiful little red refrigerator has one fault - the freezer. It's not large enough to accommodate the section that needs frozen, so we need one that's automated and self contained.

Here are a few accessories that help to make it more fun.

[1. Jeni's Spendid Ice Creams Cookbook 2. Cuisipro Ice Cream Scoop + Stack 3. Ice Cream Bowls 4. Unold Cortina 5. ASA Ice Cream spoons 6. Edible Silver Jimmies/Sprinkles]

Here's to hoping your Summer has been delightful! I'll write about all of the fun we've been having as soon as possible.

1 comment:

JoernandAllison said...

I can only imagine the fantastic flavors you'll soon be creating!
Sounds like you were in Ohio recently. I hope you had a wonderful visit! Looking forward to some more updates!