Thursday, January 20, 2011

As-Salāmu`Alaykum*

We are finally back from our Winter hiatus. Morocco is full of energy, beautiful colors, patterns, cheerful residents, and delicious foods. The warm African sun was fantastic and that glow was radiating, especially at dusk.

In addition to Marrakech we also visited the beach in sleepy sea side Essaouira. They were wonderfully different from one another, but both incredible in their own rights.

I'm really trying my best to get through editing these photos, especially because we have quite a few more trips lined up before the summer sun rolls back around. I can't wait to share the great things we saw, ate, and experienced. We even tried our hand at price negotiating... Stefan is clearly more seasoned than me.

* Peace be upon you, in Arabic.

4 comments:

Kristen Marie said...

How long were you there for and where did you stay? sounds amazing!

Aisling said...

Looking forward to reading about it!

JoernandAllison said...

Sounds like yet another amazing trip! I'm excited to see more pictures. Hats off to you and Stefan for your attempt at bartering. Bartering is nothing for me, which is what I realized when I was in Istanbul.

Emily said...

Kristen Marie...
We went for a week and stayed at the Dar One + Riad Awa, both I'd recommend, although they aren't so simple to find. I'll write about them and post some photos, too!