Monday, April 26, 2010

Maracuja

Apologies for not responding to emails or writing. Our internet was out this past week, which was interesting, because we also get our TV through internet cable and therefore it was back to less technological entertainment - lots of radio, baking, and the occasional DVD. It was actually kind of nice.

I was able to get more photo editing done and recreate one of the amazing desserts we had in Phnom Penh. They have this really great café called Friends, which helps to give the youth training in preparing and serving food, so they have a marketable skill. I'll write more about it once I get to Cambodia, but it was so fantastic that I bought their cookbook.

The cake is a coconut lime concoction that is served with one of my favorite fruits - passion fruit (Maracuja auf Deutsch). As always I stuck to smaller portions.

We also had tons of passion fruits in the Maldives, so it takes me back to a couple of my favorite locales. Their fruits are enormous compared to what I can get here.

3 comments:

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

Yum. Passionfruit is one of my favorite things. It takes me back to Brazil.

Michelle said...

Mmm..that looks great!

Emily said...

I need to get to Brazil - I always hear wonderful things about it! It's so nice to have a little piece of our trip to bring home, especially in the form of food.