Friday, February 4, 2011

Persian Love Cake

We have had so much going on recently, but I've still managed to make time to make home cooked meals each night, which I really love.

Lately I've been making a lot of Indian inspired foods including this beautiful Persian Love Cake in honor of the pending Valentine holiday.

The flavors are very interesting: cardamom, rose water, lemon, saffron, and pistachio. I added some heart healthy pomegranates, too.

It's such a luxury to have good food, made from scratch, and to try new recipes that remind me of places we've been.

This is definitely a good recipe to surprise your sweetie with or to make yourself as a sweet and exotic treat.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Looks lovely! Persian is my hands down, all time favorite food. Yum!

Emily said...

Let me know if you try it! We enjoyed it a lot.

JoernandAllison said...

The cake looks and sounds beautiful! Congratulations to you for experimenting with your cooking. It is such a fantastic way to link your travels with your home life.

Emily said...

Allison...
It's definitely been a lot of fun. I bet you're going to be loving your new kitchen - I can't wait to hear more about that!