Saturday, September 24, 2011

Augustiner Oktoberfest Beer Ice Cream



The natural choice for beer ice cream is Munich's Beer: Augustiner.

Augustiner Oktoberfest Ice Cream (adapted from Antoine Westermann's recipe) has the sweetness of ice cream with the lingering hops and beer flavor. The difficult part is putting enough sugar in to make it scoopable, yet not so much that it overwhelms the beer. My friends Jeremy and Emily have the tip to blend it up before putting it in the ice cream maker to add some air.

If I was in Ohio I think it would pair perfectly with a pretzel cone from Graeter's, but for now I just have to eat it with pretzel sticks. I'll have to bring some cones back on my next visit home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
are you blogging somewhere else now? i miss reading your new posts :-)
Oom

Emily said...

Thanks, Oom! I'm still here, just busier than ever. I'm working on getting things up here. It's hard to find time lately.