Monday, February 22, 2010

While I'm unpacking...

Apologies for being MIA for quite some time... this apartment thing is seriously taking over my life, but the good news is we only have a few last minute things to move (like Stefan's fish tank) and then it's on to the fun of unpacking and decorating.

If that wasn't enough, we're going to be getting a new kitchen, so it looks like I'll have more reason to sample some of the restaurants in our neighborhood over the next couple weeks.

I wanted to leave you with a few beautiful travel inspired works of art made by the über talented Julene Harrison.

She painstakingly cuts her images by hand!

If an original cut work commission is out of your price realm you can purchase some of her laser cut prints on etsy! Some of my favorites are her city series, including: New York, Paris, and London.

(images: Julene Harrison)

2 comments:

JoernandAllison said...

You have such etsy skills! Whenever I go there, I end up overwhelmed, and never find anything. You always find the greatest things there!
The moving process is not easy. I'm glad that you're almost done moving everything in though. The exciting task is making it feel like home.
I can't wait for updates on the kitchen. Kitchen purchasing is so much fun!! Good luck finding a good one!

Emily said...

Allison...
Just think of all the walls you'll have to decorate! I'm so excited for you that all of your housing plans are coming together so well.