Friday, September 14, 2007

Chicago



As soon as I got settled into life in Ohio, Stefan and I were heading to Chicago. Once again we hit the baggage dilemma. Stefan's bag was taking forever and they finally figured out that the two people waiting for their bags weren't getting them because the baggage man didn't show up to work.

We got our tickets for the 'el' and that was a bit of a shock to me. It seemed so archaic and slow that there were many points where I thought we could walk faster. We walked around the city and admired all of the public art. I really loved Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate... it is so striking and interactive.



I hadn't been to Chicago since I was about 12, and I had a new appreciation for the architecture and set up of the city. It probably helped to have quite a few friends there as well. We loved visiting everyone, eating Vosges naga cookies and ice cream, and celebrating with MK and friends.

No comments: